• Hello beautiful people, welcome to Ugly And Traveling Forum :)
  • Dear user, apologies if you have been facing issues on the forum from the past few weeks as I was trying to move the forum to a better server so that the forum can work smoothly and faster. Now the process has been completed and the forum is perfectly smoothly. You will not face any issues anymore. This is just a quick update, I want to let you know! Thank you for your cooperation and for being our loyal user. Happy traveling <3

Bicycle maintenance!!

Lara

Staff member
Hi everyone!! No doubt that youngsters love to ride bicycles and they love to take good care of it. Here we will discuss how to fix, upgrade or modify your bicycles. Also we will know about the places where we could find the best parts and accessories. But today i am going to start from "How to clean and lube your chain - a beginner’s guide"
It is not much difficult, just you need to follow instructions and to have the right tools with you and all set dude!!

Cleaning!!
Make sure you have following tools with you before starting:
Chain Cleaner Tool
Degreaser
Rag
Chain cleaner will clean the chain's dirt and grease for you, with the brushes, sponges and will do scrubbing as you pedal backwards. I bought it through an online shop. Pedal backwards for a few minutes then remove it and wipe it with the help of a rag.

Dry it!!
Dry Rag can help you to do that, dry your chain completely and if you have a compressed air tool you can do it with the help of it.

Lube your chain!!

You will need some chain lube and a rag. It is used to reduce the friction of and protects the chain from corrosion and rust. I would suggest you apply all purpose lube to your chain but you can also have dry or wet you will find of various types. Process is to hold the bottle at top of your chain and squeeze it gently within the pedal backwards slowly. While you finish cleaning it with a rag to make sure that you can't attach more dirt to your chain.

By following these three simple steps you have successfully cleaned and lubed your chain. Congrats!! You can also ask for help and tips for any other question.

Back