• Hello beautiful people, welcome to Ugly And Traveling Forum :)
  • Dear user, apologies if you have been facing issues on the forum from the past few weeks as I was trying to move the forum to a better server so that the forum can work smoothly and faster. Now the process has been completed and the forum is perfectly smoothly. You will not face any issues anymore. This is just a quick update, I want to let you know! Thank you for your cooperation and for being our loyal user. Happy traveling <3

Top 19 Travel Essentials to Pack in Your Travel Backpack

Khan

Administrator
Staff member
When packing for a long or short trip, keep things simple and pack only what you need. Don’t overpack; if you do, you’ll end up carrying around unnecessary items and wasting precious space. Keep your luggage small and compact, and don’t forget about travel-friendly accessories which are useful to have while traveling.

1) Travel Backpack

A travel backpack is one of the easiest ways to keep everything you need at hand (purse, wallet, phone, keys, technology, passport, you name it) safe in one place. This backpack is not only perfectly compartmentalized to hold your laptop and other belongings, but it also opens from the top, giving the feel of a tote without having to carry it on one shoulder.

We may as well begin with the obvious essential that is the travel backpack. The size of backpack you require for your backpacking trip will depend on a number of factors, with the first one being how long you’re travelling for.

Here are the sizes of backpack we recommend for different trip durations…

1-3 months: 40-60 litres
3-6 months: 60 litres
6-12 months: 60-80 litres

Another thing to consider is your height, if you’re on the shorter end of the height spectrum you should try and stick to 60 litres or less. Key features to look our for when choosing a travel backpack include lockable zips, internal organiser pockets and an adjustable back system. A backpack with a detachable daypack will save you having to buy a separate bag for daily use.

Knowing what to pack for travelling can be tricky, so we’ve compiled a list of our top 20 gap year travel essentials to ensure you don’t leave any must-have accessories behind! Some of the entries on this list may seem obvious, while others may be handy add-ons that you’d never even thought of packing!

2) Wallet and passport holder

You won’t get very far without your wallet, and same goes for your passport on international trips. If you’re prone to losing things, purchase a wallet-passport holder combo to keep them close. We like this affordable and travel-friendly pick from Amazon, which has slots for your cards, cash, passport, tickets, boarding pass, and more, plus a convenient wristlet strap.

3) Photo/ Video Gear For Travel

I cannot go on vacation without any photography and videography gear! Of course, my main camera of choice is my Nikon DSLR. I love it for my serious photography of landscapes and cities that I want to edit later.

But it’s pretty heavy to carry around all the time. So, for the quick pics (and especially the night time shots) and to give me shoulder a break, I love my Google Pixel 5A. It takes AMAZING PHOTOS! It’s also what I use to set up my group vacation photos. I always make sure to always bring my Gorillapod with a phone mount and a remote shutter. This gear is my secret to taking the best group travel photos! This way I avoid having to ask anyone, and taking selfies!

4) Portable Charger and All Charging Cords

A portable charger is an absolute must for travel. Keep this in your purse and never worry about your phone before the plane takes off again.

Also during your flights, you may notice that only a few airlines provide USB slots for charging your devices in-flight, so if you want to watch a feature-length film on your flight without having to spend the first 30 minutes in Arrivals getting your battery back into double digits, make sure to pack a portable battery.

5) Travel Adapter

It may be tempting to pack your travel adapter in your checked bag, but it’s another essential you wouldn’t want to be caught without in a lost luggage snafu. This Conair adapter works in more than 150 countries and gives you three outlets and a USB slot to plug into so you can keep all of your tech charged and ready to go. Just be sure to use it with dual-voltage devices only, as it doesn’t convert electrical voltage.

You’ll find a worldwide adapter plug to be the best option if you’re travelling to multiple countries, as most styles of worldwide adapters work in over 150 countries. Some countries do have their own unique plug socket, India and South Africa for example, but these adapter types can be bought separately if your itinerary includes these destinations. Of course if you’re only backpacking around a couple of countries, you may just decide to pack a couple of adapters for these destinations instead of a worldwide adapter.

6) Rain Gear for men, women and kids

If you don’t mind the rain, skip this one. But if it will ruin your trip and possibly melt you, some sort of precipitation-repelling device is necessary.

Click here to read the complete article

I must say you shared massive stuff here which is really useful among for traveler. I am also going to read this article you shared here and i would say it seems like interesting to me and i am gonna have more information about travel packing.

I must say you shared massive stuff here which is really useful among for traveler. I am also going to read this article you shared here and i would say it seems like interesting to me and i am gonna have more information about travel packing.
Thank you Lara, and I look forward to see posts about your travel experiences.

Take care, stay safe!

Khan, I'm in love with the way of your sharing travel tips with travelers.

This is such a great contribution to insist others go around the world without any hesitation.

Keep updating us in the future as well.

Khan, I'm in love with the way of your sharing travel tips with travelers.

This is such a great contribution to insist others go around the world without any hesitation.

Keep updating us in the future as well.
Thank you Nazli for the comment :)
I wonder if you have also a travel related website?

I would say all of the details are so helpful. I am also a traveler and would love to contribute as well. If you are going out of the city must have a quick check list with you add these essentials in your list.

• Passport
  • Phone charger / portable phone charger
  • Euros
  • Socks
  • Underwear
  • Sun cream
  • Medicines / painkillers
  • Any paperwork you may need

• A wide and easy to carry bag, chose it wisely.

• MTW Mini Fanny Sling, A smart pocket to hold your camera and smart phone.

• A wallet with thin profile.

• Technology essentials, tiny but multifunctional.

• Hats, noise reduction earplugs, water resistance stuff sack,

Back